· Designing and developing the Education Management Information Systems (EMIS) in Yemen (World Bank project), October 2007 – December 2009. EMI Systems developed an integrated EMIS and an Education Decision Support System for the Ministry of Education in Sana’a. Per client’s requests, an Examinations database and a Payroll Database will also be developed in 2008.
· Implementing a three-year USAID education reform in Benin, with EMI Systems working as a sub to Creative Associates, Inc. (CAII) of Washington, DC. EMI Systems is providing technical assistance in education management, education finance and education information systems (EMIS) for policy support and planning. The company has automated the production of annual data reports (Annuaires Statistiques) and has developed automatic analytical reports based on the education data, in support of the Ministry’s central and district education planning.
· Implemented a nationwide initial school mapping project for the Ministry of Education in Jordan, involving geo-referencing all 5000 schools in Jordan on 31 school district maps, and installing a proprietary GIS/ Decision Support System (MapDecision) developed by EMI Systems and translated into the Arabic language. The software is used for analytical and participatory decision making both at the central and district level (World Bank project).
· Developed the national Education Management Information System (EMIS) for the Ministry of Education and Science and two pilot districts in Albania. Financed by the World Bank.
· Developed the strategic assessment/policy support system for the national Education Management Information System (EMIS) for the Ministry of Education in Romania. Financed by the World Bank.
· Education Management Information System (EMIS) Pilot for the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS), Manila, the Philippines (World Bank project).
· Developed the national Education Management Information System (EMIS) policy for the Department of Education in Pretoria, South Africa, including recommended policy mandates, norms and standards for education information collection and use. Financed by SIDA (The Swedish International Development Agency).
· School mapping / rehabilitation and education management information systems (EMIS), World Bank projects – Ministries of Education in Albania, Armenia, Macedonia, Romania, (World Bank projects ).
· Prototype executive information system for Montgomery County Public Schools in the State of Maryland, USA.
Health and Environment
· Increased Private Sector Initiatives in Family Planning in the Philippines, subcontractor of Chemonics International, USAID Project.
· Demonstrations of an approach and methodology for supporting HIV/AIDS assessment, mapping and monitoring for World Bank and USAID initiatives.
· Health Equity in Chile, demonstration for the Ministerio de la Salud, in view of a proposed project financed by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).
· Software for health resource allocation and cost sharing – Department of Health (DOH), Manila (World Bank project).
· Monitoring & Evaluation system for the Municipal Environmental Coastal Initiative in the Philippines, reducing industrial pollution and risks to human health (USAID-Chemonics International).
· Industrial Pollution Monitoring and Control with Citizen Participation. World Bank Project. Developed a simulation model for industrial pollution reduction based on a WHO rapid assessment methodology for industrial pollution and proposed scenarios for pollution reduction based on parameters proposed by the community.
Local Government - Social Mapping - Regional Development
· Project on Governance Reform and Sustainable Partnerships (GRASP) in Romania financed by USAID/Development Alternatives. EMI Systems is implementing a data-based system for local governments which builds participatory policy-making processes at the local level, promote transparency and accountability, and strengthen local capacity to address citizens needs. Applications include: metropolitan areas, strategic planning, development potential analysis and municipality marketing packages.
· Poverty mapping and assessment in Serbia – poverty monitoring tools for local government (3-year project, subcontractor to Birks, Sinclair and Associates, UK) – Department for International Development (DFID), Great Britain. EMI Systems developed a data-based approach to social problem-solving in four pilot municipalities and trained local municipal boards to use the system. The administration expects to expand the system to all municipalities in Serbia.
· Poverty mapping and assessment in the Leningrad Oblast, Russia – using administrative and census data – subcontractor to Birks, Sinclair and Associates, UK, Department for International Development (DFID), Great Britain.
· Poverty mapping and assessment in Albania – using administrative and census data (pilot in one district) – Department for International Development (DFID), Great Britain.
· Poverty assessment, monitoring – National Economic Development Authority (NEDA), Manila, the Philippines (World Bank project).
· Geographic Information System (GIS) and Decision Support System (DSS) to target very poor populations (World Bank project) – Social Investment Fund (SIF) in Nicaragua.
· Performance Monitoring and Evaluation system for post-hurricane Mitch reconstruction activities in Guatemala (USAID-Chemonics International).
· Applications and capacity building in Romanian local governments for management information systems (MIS). USAID SEEPA project.